I’ve talked about doing this for a while now, but I finally sat down and came up with an actual plan. I’m more than willing to do commission artwork upon request, and this also includes your original characters.
Why am I doing this?
I was out of work from March until the end of July. The job hunt in my city isn’t so great, considering the job fairs are limited to the state’s university students only and I attended a private women’s college instead.
(Update: I started a new job on July 19th. It’s a 40-hour position and pays $20 an hour. I’m getting to use my college degree and I love it, but it’s a temporary position that will end in December.)
I had a subsidy coming in from my immediate family, but it’s quickly running out. Not only that, but I have had a series of issues come up since the first time I posted this signal boost:
1. I have moved to another state and may soon be changing addresses again. My sister is serious about buying a house and I’ll be paying rent. At present, I’m unsure how much this will run me.
2. I was laid off and have been searching for work since before the first move. Do you have any idea what the job market is like for English majors?
3. I am going to have to pay people to help me move my heavier things and no one has given me a cost estimation.
Here’s a few examples of what I can produce:
Head Sketches (Icons and Avatars)
3/4 Body Sketches
Multiple Character (SFW, but I can also do NSFW)
Of course, all of these are in full color and full shading. I am willing to knock a few dollars off for line art only and flat color. Here’s an example of each:
What is my rate?
After conducting a little research online for what is average, and understanding that there are much better artists out there than me, I’ve come up with this system, which is in USD:
- Avatar/Icon Commission ($15 full color and shade, $13 flat color, $11 black and white line-art.)
- Bust, 3/4 Commission ($25 full color and shade, $22.50 flat color, $20 black and white line art.)
- Full Body Commission ($35 full color and shade, $32.50 flat color, $30 black and white line art.)
When it comes to adding an extra character to an image, I’ll charge $8 to $10 extra on a bust or 3/4 sketch and $13 to $15 extra in a full body commission. There will also be an additional $5 if the art is NSFW.
I also have a few promotionals:
- Buy 3, get a 4th free
- Buy 5, get a bust sketch for free
- Buy 10, get a full body for free
Bust or 3/4s:
- Buy 2, get a 3rd free
- Buy 4, get a full body for free
- Buy 3, get a Bust or 3/4 sketch for free
- Buy 5, get a 6th full body free
Payments will be handled through PayPal (I now officially have one). I don’t mind sketching your original characters (in fact, a few of my examples above are OCs) and I’m not choosy over fandoms. If you’re interested, shoot this account a fan-mail or private message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.